Week 1: Starting Again




A New Semester Comes to Qatar University

Today, I am teaching my first class in my fourth semester at QU.  In other posts, I have described my students and how much I love and respect them here.  Each semester, of course, brings new students with new challenges, fears, motivation, grit, and desires for success in the class.

I always "hold space" for what will unfold over the next several months.  I never make assumptions, because the classroom is a dynamic place that depends on me, but also on the leaders and pacesetters in the class. It also depends on the students who struggle to grasp legal writing in English as a second language.

Here's wishing us all a happy, demanding, and successful semester.


* I have permission to use the photos included in this blog.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 4 - Changing Alliances in the Region

The 12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 6 - The Media During Times of Crisis

The 12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 7 - Where is the Gulf Headed?