Exploring and Countering the Linkages between Organized Crime and Terrorism
The United Nations' Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is organizing, with Qatar University College of Law, a conference in Doha over the next two days. The conference is entitled: Exploring and Countering the Linkages between Organized Crime and Terrorism.
Panels will explore the following topics:
- Background on the fight against organized crime and terrorism from the UN perspective and presentation of the E4J teaching modules for tertiary education.
- Literature review and educational issue paper.
- Nexus between transnational organized crime and terrorism initiative.
- Preventing terrorist activities in charitable organizations.
- Identifying linkages.
- Regional frameworks.
- Regional linkages - Africa.
- Regional linkages - Asia and Europe
- Regional linkages - Middle East
- Wrap-up with recommendations.