Positive Affirmations for February Bar Exam Takers




Claim Your Well-Deserved Prize!

An ASL grad posted this Facebook comment in response to one of my blog postings in July 2013 about claiming your right to success, abundance, love, and creative energy found here.
Prof. Young, last year you recommended bar takers to do affirmations to boost our confidence and success rates.  It felt hokey and certainly could never take the place of diligent studying[.]  [B]ut, it definitely helped me relax before the exam and helped reduce my stress during it.  A very belated thank you and a recommendation to bar takers that you give wonderful advice!  
To make it easier for you to find some affirmations that may work for you, I am providing them below.

Find the affirmation that deals with a specific challenge you face right now in connection with the bar exam.  Also, find an affirmation you plan to use shortly before the exam date, and as you sit to take the exam.  Write the affirmation ten times in your journal every day.  Say it just as often. 

When you say the affirmation or write it down, do so with passion, power, and conviction.  State it as if the statement is happening now.  Don’t say it “will” happen.  Talk to your subconscious mind as if the reality you seek already exists.  

  • I am open to new experiences today.
  • I have everything I need today.
  • Peace and relaxation flow through me with every breath I take.
  • I look for the positive in each situation.
  • I do what needs to be done when it needs to be done.
  • I am positive and directed, and I have purpose in my life.
  • I am waiting patiently for the opportunity to serve my purpose in life.
  • I am learning to relax today.
  • I take full responsibility for my life today.
  • I am responsible, organized, motivated, and productive today.
  • I deserve to feel safe.
  • God is guiding me safely on my journey.
  • I am passing the bar exam with ease.
  • I am filled with all the knowledge I need to pass the bar exam.
  • My mind is relaxed and open to all that I need to learn today.
  • I am finding learning to be fun and exciting.
  • I am doing the very best I can.
  • I’m becoming smarter and more skillful every day.
  • I am learning to refrain from judging myself if I have trouble with ________________ (insert your own word or phrase).
  • I am learning to refrain from demeaning myself if something is too hard.  I can ask for help without feeling less than others.
  • I can!
  • I know, love, and trust myself today.
  • I am equal to the task I face.
  • I am giving up my need for self-pity today.
  • I am letting go of the burden of shame in my life.
  • I am willing to forgive myself for things I have done in the past.
  • God is giving me all the strength I need today.
  • I am willing to move forward, in spite of my struggles.
  • I am getting more and more successful in _________________ (insert your own words or phrase). 
  • I am successful in all that I do today.
  • God is guiding me forward to succeed.
  • I am working towards successful results.
  • I surrender the things that hold me back.
  • I give up my need to do everything alone.
  • I’m developing my God-given talents.
  • My talents and abilities are valued and needed.
  • I have put aside my regrets from the past and my fear of the future.
  • This is the first day of the rest of my life.
  • I am relaxed and patient.
  • I trust that God is guiding me to my next steps in life.
  • I am letting go of doubt, fear, anger, and distrust, and quietly accepting the unknown.
  • I am on the right path for me today.
  • I am willing to do everything I can to nurture my mind, heart, and body.
  • I am a positive and loving person.
  • Fear can’t stop me from moving forward.
  • I’m turning my fear into faith.
  • I’m moving beyond my fear.
  • I’m worthy of positive changes in my life.
  • Today, I welcome change as an opportunity.
  • I am fulfilling all my commitments today.
  • I am confident in my ability to meet challenges today.
  • I feel strong and confident today.
  • I have all that I need to do what is good and right in my life today.
  • I am learning to trust my own wisdom and give myself permission to follow it.
  • I feel confident in my ability to study for and pass the bar exam.
  • I have all the courage I need today to face my shortcomings.
  • I use my energy to create positive results.
  • I am not my feelings.
  • I do not have to act out on all my feelings.
  • I’m handling my feelings in a healthy way.
  • I am letting joy into my life.
  • I am letting go of the blocks that keep me stuck so I can be free to move forward.
  • I am setting realistic goals for me today.
  • God gives me all the strength I need to reach my goals.
  • I have all the intelligence I need today to pass the bar exam.
  • I am an intelligent person.
  • My past no longer owns me.
  • I am no longer a victim of my past.
  • I’m letting go of self-imposed burdens today.
I adapted these affirmations from Ruth Fishel, Change Almost Anything in 21 Days: Recharge Your Life with the Power of Over 500 Affirmations ( 2003).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 4 - Changing Alliances in the Region

Is Qatar Still Flattening the Curve?, Part 2

The 12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 7 - Where is the Gulf Headed?