Three Questions to Keep You Motivated







Creating 
Your Own 
Future


Chris Brogan, one of the bloggers I follow who gives advice to entrepreneurs, offered this advice in his E-zine today:

I’m asking myself a bunch of recurring questions every single morning, and all throughout the day:

* What’s my vision of myself and my business and how will I make that real today?

* If I say I am ____ (this kind of person), then what does that look like in action DAILY?

* What can I do to change reality towards what I want it to be? What, specifically, can I change to make the world come closer to matching my vision?

These are huge questions, but they are business questions, they are life questions, they are the questions of an owner. They are not “how do I get the boss to notice me” questions. They are “how do I get the UNIVERSE to do what I want it to do” questions.

* * *
Your year is made up of days, and those days must be treated like your only hopes and chances exist within them.
So, I will quit watching episodes of Absolutely Fabulous on Hulu (which I dearly love) and read Gary Vaynerchuk's new book, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World.   Then hit the gym.  Then grade exams so I can start the new semester fully present for my wonderful students.
That's the day I want to create as a step towards the future I want.

How about you?  How would you answer the three questions today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 4 - Changing Alliances in the Region

The 12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 7 - Where is the Gulf Headed?

Is Qatar Still Flattening the Curve?, Part 2