More About the UpLevel Your Business Incantation of "I'm In"





More About "I'M IN"


So yesterday, I began describing the specific programming for the 3-day conference of UpLevel Your Business 2014. 

Christine Kane has developed this group coaching program that has helped so many people, especially entrepreneurial women who own heart-centered businesses. 

I described the components of the incantation: "I'M IN."


It contains several components:
  • I'm fully engaged.
  • I'm here.
  • I'm willing to exit my comfort zone.
  • I take imperfect action.
  • I'm worth investing in!
  • This is monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, minute-ly work.  
I talked yesterday about the first three components and, today, I'll talk about the remaining ones. 

I take imperfect action!   

I loved this part of the declaration.  First, I teach the enneagram, and I suspected that many "Ones" in the conference room are paralyzed by doing anything imperfectly. This declaration gave them permission to launch a bio, webpage, signature talk, get acquainted call, or program that was still a good draft.  It need not be perfect to be effective. And, time would allow later tweaks. Especially those that responded to the needs of effectively communicating with potential clients rather than those required by that internal voice seeking perfection.

Second, for me, it simply gave me the space to develop my on-line training program without feeling the need to re-record each class when a small mishap occurred.  "Be authentic" replaced "be perfect."

And, throughout the program, Christine has modeled this imperfection in her podcasts, Q&A sessions, video recordings, printed materials (the conference binders showed up several hours late), or blooper reel.  

I'm worth investing in!

As I noted in an earlier post, I have paid over $10,000 for the three years of training I've had with Christine. That seems like a very big number, and as a 60-year old woman (as of yesterday), it seemed like a big investment at this stage of my life.  Even my LL.M. in Dispute Resolution was cheaper.

But, then, I reminded myself of the extraordinary investment my law students make in their own futures.   After that, it was a no-brainer.

And looking back, I am so happy I made the investment.  Had I not, I'd be in the same place I was three years ago. Wouldn't that be sad?  Moreover, when I ask my on-line students to invest in Mediation with Heart, I can talk sincerely about why they should invest in themselves so they can resolve conflict with wisdom, skill, and heart. 

This is monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, minute-ly work.  


Like any long-term change, it requires you to not only invest the money in learning new skills and strategies, but change also requires you to invest the time it takes to create new habits, build helpful relationships, design materials related to your heart-centered business so you can deliver very high-quality services, read about the latest trends in your industry, develop mindset shifts, manage your emotions, and take care of your body.  The commitment is on-going and requires measurable, daily progress towards your goals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 4 - Changing Alliances in the Region

The 12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 7 - Where is the Gulf Headed?

The 12th Al Jazeera Forum: Session 6 - The Media During Times of Crisis